As with all of CogniSoft's systems, Connect is a product of our long history of providing web-based systems and managing client tracking information over the internet.
With Connect, users are able to complete data administration on site immediately after delivery regardless of location, producing real time statistics even across wide geographical areas.
The solution comprises a range of individual tools and technologies that can be cherry-picked according to what is going to work best in any particular area:
- A fully web based strategy system with a single, central database that is built on the very latest and most reliable Microsoft enterprise technologies
- Automatic data feeds from a wide range of case level systems to ensure when they are effective, they don't need to be replaced
- Web-based case level systems (IO and YETI) to provide partners with the option of a sophistacated case level system which is part of CogniSoft's overall product suite
- A simple and intuitive 'just enough' recording portal for organisations to enter data directly if they prefer
- Cost effective system maintainance - updates are easily handled as there is no need for client side software
- Higher level of flexibility in terms of accessing the system - all users need is a device capable of browsing the internet and a connection speed of 3g and above
- Complete data security with 'internet banking level' HTTPS connection and two-factor authentication if required. No data is stored locally so the risks of compramising personal details is greatly reduced
- Hosting services available for any element of the solution
Connect is first and foremost a solution to help city wide employability organisations to coordinte and manage programme activity across their region and ultimately use it as a vehicle to deliver the most effective support to the groups who need it most.
What makes Connect different though is the level of flexibilty it offers organisations to mould a solution that closely fits the way they work; supporting existing infrastructure and processes, rather than forcing wholesale changes in recording that will prove difficult to implement.
The whole emphasis is to enable a choice in what systems are used at each level as we belive the one-size-fits-all approach doesn't account for the complexities in working with many delivery organisations and funding streams across a wide city area.
In addition to this, component parts of the suite are highly configurable and can be tailored to fit the processes you use and the terminology you are familiar with. Menu items are customisable, field names can be edited where appropriate and drop down lists can be set up exactly to your requirements whilst still being tied to the reporting frameworks used in the various statutory reports.
In addition to our wide experience of working with regeneration agencies which started at Brent in2 Work back in 2001, CogniSoft's involvement in the City Strategy pathfinders has provided a valuable insight into the challenges faced in effectively implementing and managing employability programmes across city areas.
We have helped National organisations such as Working Links deliver their Pathways programme and have helped Glasgow Works to gain a view of the work in each of the Local Regeneration Agencies, many of which use the CogniSoft case level system.
Fundamentally, our experience has taught us that because the supply of consistent information from partners is paramount in being able to make appropriate strategy decisions, flexibility is the key to ensuring the programme itself can be implemented fully amongst partners, and that their very different technology and processes can be maintened in the overall framework of standardisation.