CogniSoft is a leading provider of secure, web-based case management software widely used throughout UK Government departments, local authorities and commercial organisations.
Our applications are developed to provide efficiencies and improve data management for providers of work-based learning, employment, guidance and support services.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our exceptional team.
JOB TITLE: Software Developer
REPORTING TO: Development Manager
LOCATION: Based in Sale, Manchester, M33
BENEFITS: Company pension contribution, flexible working hours
HOURS: 8.5 hours per day including 1-hour lunch break. Core business opening hours are 9am 5:30 (4pm on Friday).
HOLIDAYS: Initially 20 days, then after 2 years increasing by 1 day each year to a maximum of 23 days. In addition, the days of 27, 28, 29th December are holiday.
DRESS CODE: Smart-casual for office based work.
Business suit and tie, as appropriate, when with customers.
OTHER: A successful DBS/CRB check is required.
CogniSoft is part of the Microdec group providing web based software to UK government departments, local authorities, welfare to work providers and training providers.
This position is for an experienced Software Developer, with a degree level qualification or equivalent experience, to work within an existing team in development of software.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
CogniSoft require a new software developer to join the expanding team and organisation. The role will require a developer to perform maintenance and new developments on applications, including YETI, IO and the various CogniSoft portals and web applications, services linked to the CogniSoft core business.
Some but not all of the main aspects of this role are:
- Development of ASP.NET, HTML5 web pages
- Writing high performing SQL routines and procedures for CRUD
- Planning and implementation of changes and bugs
- Support for customer support team
- Adherence to ISO27001 security requirements
Any additional knowledge in the above areas will be considered advantageous.
SKILLS and BACKGROUND REQUIRED
You will need to have excellent knowledge, technical understanding and competence on all aspects of ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server. In addition, excellent communication, organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload are important. Experience in working in a secure ISO27001 environment is a distinct advantage.
The candidate will need expertise in as many of the following as possible, but this is not a complete list. Training will be given on areas that are lacking, in particular, the CogniSoft own software.
- Microsoft ASP.NET C# Programming
- Secure programming knowledge and understanding
- Bootstrap, JQuery
- Visual Studio
- SQL programming, Microsoft SQL Server 2008-2016
- Dependency Injection
- Repository Pattern
- Skills Funding Agency, Education Funding Calculations, Welfare to Work Experience
- CogniSoft IO & YETI software
- Kanban development workflow
The type of personality that will be suitable for this role will include:
- Technically confident
- Analytical and logical in design
- Strong and organised personality
- Delivery focused and able to work to deadlines
- Good team player
- Customer service oriented
- Flexible ‘can do’ attitude
- Open communication skills
- Enjoys working in a small company environment
- Strong commercial outlook
- Able to interact with customers at all levels of seniority
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 0161 777 2900.
It has been quite daunting with much to learn, not only with YETI but the FIS system etc. Without Amanda’s first class help I wouldn't feel as confident as I do now. She has been very patient, explained issues carefully, has a friendly personality and nothing has been too much trouble for her. Brilliant! Chris Tyres, NVQ Coordinator at Nottingham City Transport