LIMA: CogniSoft’s New Hosting Partner
What this means for you
CogniSoft are delighted to be working with LIMA Networks Ltd as our new hosting partner. This partnership is critical for the next phase of our development and growth as we welcome the expertise of this award winning Greater Manchester based Cloud and Managed Service business. Based in Salford and employing over 60 people, LIMA have been committed to supporting their local community and charities for the past 22 years. With over 300 customers, in both the public and private sector, including many Housing Associations, Local Authorities and NHS Trusts, they have built a reputation for excellent levers of service.
With both ISO27001 & ISO9001 accreditation and utilising Tier 3 Data Centres, we are confident in their ability to provide the full portfolio of high quality services to us and our customers.
Why are we moving? The main difference with the move to Lima, is they will be taking on the general maintenance and support of our network infrastructure. This move will enable our technical teams to concentrate more on the development and support of the products, deliver greater resilience for our infrastructure and increase our capacity across the development and support teams.
What impact will this have on you? In short…very little. Our services will be exactly as they were before, your users will not notice a difference in logging into or using the applications.
The environment has been extensively tested, including Penetration Testing, to ensure continuity of stability & security, prior to any data moving across. The main difference is in reporting for some users, who will be consulted with before implementation. For the vast majority of you, there will be no change noticed after the migration. However, this move will help us to improve our offer to you in the future, allowing us to be more agile, more innovative and responsive to the changes in technology and the marketplace.
When will this happen? We will migrate customers in small batches starting in early April over a period of 4 weeks. Whilst there will be downtime required to complete this task, to keep the impact of this to a minimum, all migrations will be conducted outside of business hours and coordinated with our customers.
We will be getting in touch with each of you during this period to inform of the migration date but should you need further clarification, please contact your Account Manager directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lima has been at the forefront of adopting technology and understanding how IT can transform business since 1997. They provide solutions covering the full portfolio from the Data Centre, Cloud and Managed Services to Security & Performance Monitoring.
To enable LIMA to continually deliver a level of security the key standards held by LIMA are:
- ISO27001: Information Security Management System standard – The standard requires a systematic approach to managing sensitive information such that it remains secure, involving people, processes and IT systems by applying a risk management process.
- ISO9001: Quality Management principles – Involves strong customer focus, motivation and leadership of management;
- ISO14001: Environmental Management System certification – Provides assurance to employees and external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and is subject to continuous improvement;
- BSOHSAS 18001: Health and Safety Management; Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series – An internationally recognised accreditation to help all kinds of organisations put in place demonstrably sound occupational health and safety performance.
Security Through Our Dedicated Data Centres
LIMA utilises two Tier 3 data centres through our partnership with LDeX. The data centres are located in:
- Trafford Park, Manchester
- Staples Corner, London
The Manchester data centre (LDEX2) will be leveraged for our primary workloads whilst London (LDEX1) will host our customer Business Continuity services. No elements of the service outside of endpoint devices will be deployed on customers premises. This adheres to the requirement of each datacentre being located more than 25 miles apart.
Their data centres meet the following recognised standards or equivalent processes, procedures and audit controls:
- Data centre Tier 3 standard – LDEX datacentres fully conform to all Tier3 environmental standards. Offering a 99.98% power uptime SLA, Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), diverse A+B power feeds, N+1 diesel generator. Data centre cooling and environmental regulation is conducted by multiple Airedale AHUs in N+1 configuration that regulate the temperature and control humidity
- ISO 27001 (Information Security Management)
- ISO 9001 (Quality Management)